Sunday, September 28, 2014

 

NEW DUCKS AND A COUPLE OF STRANGE OLD DUCKS

[Note: as always, you can right click and "open in new tab" to see a larger version of any image.]

Over the last week or two, the Wood Ducks have started returning to Pepper Creek and the Ellie Schiller Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park.

Last Thursday, I was shooting in the park and found a bunch of new arrivals swimming in the spring waters down near the deer habitat.



And on the ride back up Pepper Creek, spotted a few swimming about near Osprey Island.


This fellow kept quacking at me, enough so, that even in the picture his mouth is open!


Yesterday, as I was driving back with an empty boat, I managed to grab a few more shots including some close ups.




In the last turn before the Visitors Center, I was struck by this Snowy White Egret sitting high up in the shrubbery.


In the creek beneath him, a Blue Heron (as opposed to a Great Blue Heron) was picking away.


After my day was done, I visited with Gail in the office, and we played dueling cameras.



:)

Jud

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?