Thursday, October 29, 2009

 
THIS IS IT

This afternoon, I went up to the Crystal River Mall


and saw the Michael Jackson movie, This is it!



...
It was not at all what I expected. I expected it to try to 'fake' the actual concert that was to be; and at times, it does do that, but mostly, it gives the attentive viewer the opportunity to be there with Michael as he creates an event, and that turned out to be a very special experience.

...
I dare anyone to sit through this without at some point at least tapping a foot, or jerking a shoulder a bit... and even shedding a tear or two- especially during the second half. There is no clear demarcation, but from about the half way point on, it does get more and more personal, or maybe by that point, I had forgotten everything I knew about Michael and was simply being with him in the moment.

...
As I was repeatedly amazed by Michael's moves, I finally came to realize that his body simply becomes the music, so that even his simplest gesture sings.

...
I feel very fortunate that we have this movie, a record of an incredibly gifted artist. The makers did a great service to Michael and to the audience.

...
:)

...
Jud

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?