Friday, January 06, 2006

 
Puter troubles go on!

Have been having some troubles with my newly repaired just back from the shop after 5 weeks laptop, and a friend suggested I take a look at the event viewer which tracks what happens on your puter.
Well, I found event viewer via search and boy is that fascinating! Anyway, was checking one of the things- and yesterday there were about 60 alerts re the hard drive not pinging, then today one read, "1/5/2006 9:06:56 AM: The driver has detected that \device\Harddrsk\DR1 has predicted that it will fail. Immediately back up your data and replace your hard disk drive. A failure may be imminent."
Oye!

I called Toshiba, given that they replaced the HD when it was in the shop and they told me I had to try reformatting first- ugh! But given the noises I have been hearing from the HD, I don't have much hope, and am irritated (mildly) that I will have to spend three days DL’ing updates just to prove that the HD is bad before I send it in and then wait who knows how long for my ptuer to be back. Thing is, if I leave it on, it works good enough, with a few hang-ups now and then, but for how long, so gotta do it!

Oh well...
-Jud

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?