Monday, August 29, 2005

 
KATRINA

About midnight last night, Hurricane Katrina took a "right turn" just before hitting New Orleans and though the destruction is still major, it was not what it could have been, or was feared. That is the good news.

The bad news is that a friend of mine lives in Slidell, just a bit north of New Orleans, and that suburb was hit extremely hard, and it, like most of the adjoining neighborhoods, does not have the levee's and pumps to handle the flooding that New Orleans has. My friend and his family left on Saturday, so I do not fear for their safety, but I am fearful of what they will come back to face.

My thoughts and best wishes to all affected by this storm, but especially to my friend and the others in Slidell.

-Jud

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?